About St. Martin
One Island, Two Destinations
St. Martin is uniquely governed by two countries: The island’s northern collectivity, Saint-Martin, is governed by France, while its southern territory, Sint Maarten, is governed by the Netherlands. Each side offers a different atmosphere, allowing you the unique opportunity to experience two destinations in one. No matter which side you stay on, you can discover the island’s breathtaking beaches, excellent snorkeling, scuba diving, deep-sea fishing, horseback riding, and more.
St. Martin villas on both sides of the island feature ultimate tropical luxuries such as clifftop ocean views, direct beach access, and large private pools.
All St. Martin LocationsCole Bay (1) Guana Bay (1) Mahoe Bay (1) Marigot (10) Mont Vernon III (1) Orient Bay (1) Philipsburg (1) Sint Maarten (39) St. Martin (French) (92) Terres Basses (7) Anse Marcel (3) Baie Longue (4) Baie Rouge (2) Beacon Hill (3) Cul-de-Sac (2) Cupecoy (8) Dawn Beach (9) Grand Case (2) Guana Bay (1) Happy Bay (5) Indigo Bay (3) Long Bay Beach (19) Maho (1) Orient Bay (8) Oyster Pond (7) Pelican Key (2) Simpson Bay (5) Terres Basses (63)
Our Exclusive Offers
We pride ourselves in offering some of the best savings on the world's foremost luxury villa rentals. From limited-time free nights to reduced rates, bonus amenities, and beyond, don't miss your chance to save on your next villa rental.View More Exclusive Offers
The most popular time to travel to St. Martin is from December to the middle of April. The off-season is also rainy season (and technically hurricane season), from late May to mid-November. It doesn’t necessarily rain every day, however, and the island’s high temperatures remain relatively consistent throughout the year. If you don’t want to take any chances with sunshine, travel between December and April. If you prioritize privacy above all else, travel between May and November, when crowds will be at an all-time-low.
Unsure of which side of the island to stay on? St. Maarten, the Dutch side, it bustles with boardwalks, lively beach bars, and late-night casinos. In contrast, the quiet St. Martin, the French side is full of brightly colored boats and houses built up into the cliffs. And, thanks to the French inﬂuence, you'll also ﬁnd some of the best food in the Caribbean.
Must See & Do
Top Regional Activites:
- Enjoy the best snorkeling on the island at Captain Alan’s Snorkeling Adventure and have fun while you do it!
- St. Martin offers sailing regattas and deep-sea fishing tournaments throughout the year, as well as diving excursions, yachting and more.
- Celebrate Carnival with parades, music, and feasting, though at different times; the French side celebrates pre-Lent in February, while the Dutch side celebrates post-Easter in late April.
- Visit the Sint Maarten Zoo focuses on plants and animals of the Caribbean basin and South American area, including a substantial reptile collection.
- Learn more about the island and its people from prehistoric to modern times at the Sint Maarten Museum; founded by the St. Maarten Museum Foundation.
Allow Us to Arrange
Most Popular Concierge Services:
- Exclusive snorkeling & scuba diving excursions
- Private windsurfing & parasailing lessons
- Premier restaurant reservations
- Private boat rides to surrounding islands
- In-villa chef & butler service
- Private horseback riding experiences
Your Personal Villa Concierge
When you book with Villas of Distinction, it's all about you. We customize your escape from start to finish ensuring it exceeds your expectations and you experience more than ever before.
Your personal Villa Concierge is your partner in exclusive getaways. Looking to experience a local vineyard? We've got you covered. Hoping to score tickets to an on-island event that sells out fast? No problem. No request is too big or too small.
What We Can Do For You
- Suggest and arrange local immersive experiences
- Coordinate car rentals, drivers & airport transfers
- Grocery stocking to ensure convenience & comfort
- Handle last-minute itinerary changes
- Make restaurant reservations & more